Wednesday 6 July 2011

Where's the Justice?

George RR Martin at the ComiconImage via WikipediaIf I was to release a book that has been embargoed to one of my customers a few days early publishers tell me that I would have sanctions taken against me, not least non-supply of future releases prior to publication.

An employee at Amazon, working in Germany, has released 180 copies of the new fantasy novel by George RR Martin, A Dance with Dragons. The official release date is the 12 July, the thousand page novel has been six years in the writing and is subject to a strict embargo by its publisher. We haven't seen our copies yet.

Martin has threatened to mount the head of the guilty employee on a spike. Will Amazon's supply be cut off by his publishers? Of course not. Is bookselling a level playing field? You've got to be joking!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: